Frank has a broad M&A and corporate practice, with particular experience in the automotive, banking and real estate sectors.
He is admitted as a notary public with office in Frankfurt and covers the full spectrum of notarial services, especially in real estate and corporate law. He regularly notarizes shareholders' meetings, enterprise agreements and corporate restructurings as well as other capital measures. His notarial practice includes the notarization and implementation of real estate transactions, in particular large-scale portfolio sales and financing security measures.
Recent highlights of Frank's practice in the automotive sector include advising: BorgWarner on the acquisition of Gustav Wahler Group (2013/2014), Magna on the purchase of several business units from Philips Lite-On Digital Solutions (2014), as well as KPS Capital on the acquisition of the global foundation brakes business from Robert Bosch (2010). His previous real estate transactions include advising Foncière des Murs on the acquisition of German hotel portfolios (2015/2016) and LEG on the purchase of a large residential portfolio (13,800 units) from Vonovia (2015/2016).
Other recent deals in which Frank has advised include: C.D. Wälzholz's acquisition of the cold-rolled low carbon steel strips business from Wickeder Westfalenstahl (2015/2016), Metsä Wood's sale of Zanders (2015), the acquisition of Gallinat-Bank AG by NIBC Bank from Albis Leasing (2015) and Oras' purchase of Hansa Metallwerke (2013/2014).
- Admitted to bar 1997
- Notary (office in Frankfurt)
- University of Hamburg (Dr. jur.)
- Associate Professor, Department of European Community Law, University of Hamburg, 1993-1997
- Law firm in London, 1999-2000
- Co-Author: Handbuch Restrukturierung in der Insolvenz, 2nd ed. 2015
- Co-Author: The German Limited Liability Company, 8th ed. 2015
- Co-Author: Mergers & Acquisitions in Germany, 2nd ed. 2016
- Co-Author: Beck'sches M&A-Handbuch, 2016
- Co-Author: Notarhandbuch Gesellschafts- und Unternehmensrecht, 2nd ed. 2016