Gerd practises corporate law. Among his clients are large listed companies for which he acts as boardroom advisor on a broad range of corporate matters, securities laws, mergers and takeovers, restructurings of corporate groups and shareholders' meeting.
His practice also focuses on family-owned enterprises and private clients, where he is instrumental in drafting and advising on partnership agreements. He is also involved in other business law matters, including litigation.
Gerd represents clients in state courts and arbitration proceedings.
For many years, he has taught law at the University of Düsseldorf.
- Admitted to bar 1978
- Universities of Münster und Bonn (Dr. jur.)
- Law firm Hengeler Kurth Wirtz in Düsseldorf, 1980-1982
- Law firm in Düsseldorf, 1983-1997
- Co-Managing Partner 2000-2004
- Vielfältige Beiträge zu Fragen des Unternehmens- und Gesellschaftsrecht in Kommentaren, Handbüchern, Zeitschriften u.a.
- Co-Lector: Zeitschrift für Unternehmens- und Gesellschaftsrecht (ZGR)
- Co-Lector: European Company and Financial Law Review (ECFR)
Mitglied im Handelsrechtsausschuss des Deutschen Anwaltvereins (DAV)
Geschäftsführender Vorstand der Gesellschaftsrechtlichen Vereinigung (VGR)