Thomas advises national and international investors and companies in M&A projects and joint ventures with a particular focus on real estate law.
Thomas has been in charge in a number of large and complex real estate transactions in Germany in recent years. He advised particularly Anglo-American private equity funds as well as national and international companies, family offices and sovereign wealth funds on all types of real estate and corporate law matters. The range of matters included both portfolio and large single asset real estate transactions in a variety of asset classes, including in particular office, residential, logistics, commercial and hotel real estate.
Notable matters in recent years comprised advising Blackstone on a large number of acquisitions and disposals, including the acquisition of Dream Global REIT and the sale of The Squaire, advising LEG on the acquisition of various residential portfolios, and advising KKR on the acquisition of a majority stake in Velero and its portfolio expansion through the acquisition of units from Adler Group.
Thomas is admitted as a notary public with office in Frankfurt.
- Admitted to bar 2012
- Notary (office in Frankfurt)
- Philipps University of Marburg (Dr. iur.)
- University of New York (LL.M.)
- University of East Anglia, Norwich
- Nomos-Kommentar zum Notarrecht, Heinemann/Trautrims (Hrsg.), 1. Auflage 2022, Bearbeitung div. Normen des GmbH-Rechts
- The Real Estate Law Review, Nevin (Ed.), 11th Edition 2022, country report Germany (together with Dr. Jan Bonhage)
- Corporate Governance nach der Finanz- und Wirtschaftskrise: Vorbilder und Ziele eines modernen Wirtschaftsrechts, Tübingen (Mohr Siebeck), 2011 (Hrsg. zus. mit C. Allmendinger, F. Dorn, S. Lumpp, F. Steffek)
- Immaterialgüterrechtliche Lizenzierung und kartellrechtliche Verhaltenskontrolle, Frankfurt am Main (Lang), 2009 (zugl. Diss.)