Andreas specialises in M&A and corporate law, with a particular focus on cross-border and private equity transactions. He advises a broad range of corporate clients, private equity funds and other financial investors.
Andreas' M&A expertise spans a wide spectrum of deal types including: private auctions, public takeovers, carve-out transactions and joint ventures. Recent highlights of his M&A work include advising TA Associates on its sale of thinkproject, Royal BAM on its sale of BAM Deutschland, Lone Star on its acquisition of BASF's Construction Chemicals business and Xella, Ericsson on its acquisition of Kathrein's antenna and filter business, Takeaway.com on its acquisition of Delivery Hero's German food delivery operations, Rothschild/Five Arrows Principal Investments on the sale of Prospitalia and Cinven on the sale of SLV and the exit from Jost Group.
Andreas further advises on corporate law, with a particular emphasis on corporate reorganizations, corporate governance matters and general shareholder matters.
Andreas is co-heading the firm's desks for the US, Spain and Latin America.
- Admitted to bar 2009
- Johannes-Gutenberg-University of Mainz (Dr. iur.)
- Universidad de Valencia
- Harvard Law School, Cambridge (LL.M.)
- Lieder/Wilk/Ghassemi-Tabar (editors), Münchener Handbuch des Gesellschaftsrechts, volume 8, Umwandlungsrecht, 5th ed. 2018, chapter on mergers
- Lutter/Bayer/Vetter (editors), Umwandlungsgesetz, 6th ed. 2019, commentary on sections 190-225c UmwG
- Meyer-Sparenberg/Jäckle (editors), Beck'sches M&A-Handbuch, 2nd edition 2022, chapter on carve out-transactions
- Hopt (editor), Vertrags- und Formularhandbuch zum Handels-, Gesellschafts-, und Bankrecht, 5th edition 2022chapter on limited liability companies
- Lüttringhaus/Korch (editors), Handbuch Transaktionsversicherungen, 1st ed. 2022, chapter on W&I-insurance and M&A-agreements