Andreas specialises in M&A and corporate law, with a particular focus on cross-border and private equity transactions. He advises a broad range of private and public corporates, private equity and venture capital funds as well as other financial investors.
Andreas' M&A expertise spans a wide spectrum of deal types including: private auctions, public takeovers, carve-out transactions and joint ventures. Recent highlights of his M&A work include advising Lone Star on its acquisition of the BASF Construction Chemicals business and of Xella, Ericsson on its acquisition of Kathrein's antenna and filter business, Takeaway.com on its acquisition of Delivery Hero's German food delivery operations, Rothschild/Five Arrows Principal Investments on the sale of Prospitalia, Advent and Bain Capital on their acquisition of Ratepay and Cinven on the sale of SLV and the exit from Jost Group.
Andreas further advises on corporate law, with a particular emphasis on corporate reorganizations, corporate governance matters and general shareholder matters.
Andreas is listed as recommended lawyer in particular by JUVE (“often recommended” for private equity), Legal500 (“next generation lawyer” for M&A; private equity transactions), Best Lawyers in Germany (M&A and private equity) and ILFR1000 (“notable practicioner” for M&A and Corporate).
Andreas is co-heading the firm's desks for the US, Spain and Latin America.
- Admitted to bar 2009
- Johannes-Gutenberg-University of Mainz (Dr. iur.)
- Universidad de Valencia
- Harvard Law School, Cambridge (LL.M.)
- Co-author: Lutter/Bayer/Vetter (editors), Umwandlungsgesetz, 6th ed. 2019
- Meyer-Sparenberg/Jäckle (editors), Beck'sches M&A-Handbuch, 2nd edition 2020, section on carve out-transactions; will probably be published in 2020
- Co-author: Hopt (editor), Vertrags- und Formularhandbuch zum Handels-, Gesellschafts-, und Bankrecht, 5th edition 2020; will be published soon
- Co-author: Lieder/Wilk/Ghassemi-Tabar (editors), Münchener Handbuch des Gesellschaftsrechts, volume 8, Umwandlungsrecht, 5th ed. 2018
A complete list of publications can be downloaded here.