Jochen advises listed and family-owned companies and entrepreneurs on corporate law, reorganisations, corporate litigation, compliance matters and M&A transactions. For listed companies, Jochen's focus is on preparing and guiding shareholders’ meetings, dealing with questions of securities laws, corporate reorganisations, and public takeovers, as well as advising boards and directors on liability and compliance issues.
His projects in this area include: merger of Linde and Praxair and subsequent squeeze-out in 2016-2019; advice of the supervisory board of Osram with regard to the takeover offer by Bain Capital and Carlyle in 2019; public takeover bid of KKR to the shareholders of WMF AG, squeeze-out and sale of WMF Group to Groupe SEB in 2012-2016. Jochen represented Siemens in the spin-off and IPO of Osram in 2013, as well as in the spin-off of pension liabilities in 2016. He advised MAN on the takeover bid by Volkswagen and the conclusion of a control and profit and loss transfer agreement in 2013.
Jochen advises family-owned companies, most often in matters relating to optimizing the group structure, questions of employees' co-determination and succession planning, establishing compliance management systems, and legal disputes.
Jochen has been honorary professor at the University of Cologne since 2011. He regularly publishes articles in law journals and is a frequent speaker at conferences and seminars and co-editor of various law journals. He is a member of the executive committee of the Association of German Jurists (Deutscher Juristentag e.V.), of the executive board of the German association of corporate law (Gesellschaftsrechtliche Vereinigung – VGR) and of the commercial law committee of the German Lawyers' Association (Deutscher Anwalt Verein – DAV) .
- Admitted to bar 1995
- Universities of Bonn anc Cologne (Dr. jur.)
- University of Hagen (Dipl.-Ök. (similar to MBA))
- Law firm in New York, 1996-1997
- Co-Editor and co-author of the legal commentary on the German Transformation Act Lutter, Umwandlungsgesetz, 5th ed. 2014
- Co-Author of the legal commentary on the German Stock Corporation Act Karsten Schmidt/Lutter, AktG, 3rd ed. 2015
- Co-Author of the legal commentary on the German Stock Corporation Act Kölner Kommentar zum AktG, 3rd ed. 2015
- Co-Author of the legal commentary on the German Act on Limited Liability Companies Münchener Kommentar zum GmbHG, 2nd ed. 2015; 3rd ed. (in progress)
Numerous articles and papers for compendiums and law journals. A complete list of publications can be downloaded here.