Georg has a general corporate practice with a focus on boardroom matters of publicly listed companies and other corporations. In recent years he has put particular emphasis on advising board members about their duties in various special situations and on advising supervisory boards. Georg advises his clients with regard to publicly known transactions and corporate matters (reorganizations, M&A, legal opinions on duties of governing bodies). Clients also frequently seek his advice on highly confidential and sensitive background matters (employment issues of board members, compliance issues, liability questions, D&O insurances).
A second focus of Georg`s work is advising and assisting family-owned companies and entrepreneurs who shape an owner-managed business. In addition to advising clients on corporate law, his main goal is to be able to listen well and, on this basis, to provide clear orientation to his discussion partners. This applies not least to matters that have their origin in a conflict situation or even disputes.
Third, Georg has increasingly litigated and participated in arbitration proceedings in recent years.
His clients include some of the largest international and domestic corporations as well as a number of well respected non-listed companies and hidden champions of the German "Mittelstand". Georg has also recently advised banks and financial institutions on boardroom matters and liability issues. In cooperation with Hengeler Mueller´s compliance experts, Georg has taken the lead in internal compliance investigations.
Georg publishes academically and comments on current questions in economics, both in publications and lectures. He was co-managing partner of the firm and is now leading the firm´s pro bono activities.
Georg studied law and politics in Germany and Paris and received an LL.M. from Duke University School of Law (USA). Before becoming a partner, he served as a clerk at the German Federal Constitutional Court.
- Admitted to bar 1996
- Universities of Freiburg and Bielefeld (Dr. jur.)
- Institut d‘Études politiques de Paris (Sciences Po, C.E.P.)
- Duke Law School (LL.M.)
- Law clerk, German Federal Constitutional Court, 1998-2000
- Co-Managing Partner 2014-2018
- Co-author: Liebers/Hoefs Formularbuch des Fachanwalts Arbeitsrecht, 7th ed. 2023
- Co-author in: Krieger/Uwe H. Schneider, Handbuch Managerhaftung, 4th ed. 2023(Organhaftung und Dienstvertrag)
- Vorstandsrecht, 2nd ed. 2023
- Comment from §52 GmbHG Aufsichtsrat in: Scholz, GmbHG, 12th ed. 2021
- Die Änderung der Rechtssprechung durch das Bundesverfassungsgericht, 1998