Anja works on both national and foreign client matters in all areas of European and German antitrust law, in particular on M&A projects. Her main focus is advising on the merger control aspects of transactions in Germany and the EU. She also specialises in coordinating and reviewing filings and notifications in third countries and has built an extensive network of local counsel. The list of her clients includes in particular, but not exclusively, private equity firms as well as listed enterprises.
Additionally, she provides assistance when questions come up relating to antitrust law compliance, for instance when antitrust law training events are being held, when aspects of antitrust law arise in day-to-day business and when extensive internal compliance investigations are being conducted. She has also been dealing with the recent reforms in German antitrust law, which are affecting digital companies in particular.
Some of the merger control matters that Anja has been involved in include:
- Viessmann's sale of its 'Viessmann Climate Solutions' business area to Carrier Global
- Deutsche Börse's public takeover offer for SimCorp A/S
- Fortum's sale of shares in Uniper to the German government
- PAI Partners' acquisition of Apleona and the subsequent merger between Apleona and the Gegenbauer Group
- Obtaining clearance for Andros' acquisition of Spreewaldkonserve Golßen from the German Federal Cartel Office in in-depth investigation proceedings
- adidas' sale of Reebok to ABG
- Hapag-Lloyd's acquisition of all the shares in the Dutch container shipping company Nile Dutch Investments B.V.
- KKR's sale of a 25.1% stake in HENSOLDT to Leonardo
- Securing the EU Commission's clearance (subject to commitments) in Phase II for Danfoss A/S's acquisition of Eaton Corporation plc's global hydraulics business
- Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg (Dr. iur.)
- University of Bremen
- Rijksuniversiteit Groningen, Netherland
*Not admitted to bar in Germany
- Werbung mit ökologischen Selbstverpflichtungen, GRUR 2013, 670-675
- Patente und technische Normen, Zugangsmöglichkeiten für Normnutzer, Marburg 2013
- Merger control in Africa: COMESA Competition Commission under review, Concurrences Review N° 2-2014, Art. N° 65479, 237 ff.
- Ein echter Europäischer Raum der Fusionskontrolle, ZWeR 1/2015 55-63
- Mind the gap? An analysis from a German competition law perspective of the European Commission’s proposal to review non-controlling minority shareholdings under European merger control law, International Review of Intellectual Property and Competition Law, 2016, 47(5), 595-616 (with Rhiannon Pugh)
- Publication/updates of German merger control information in the Granville Knowledge Management database