Ulrich advises German as well as foreign strategic and financial investors on M&A transactions and general corporate matters. He has been involved in a wide range of different transactions.
Ulrich has particular experience in distressed transactions. Highlights of his work include advising investors with respect to the insolvency of the Kirch-Media-Group, the Karstadt Retail Group and the Neckermann Retail Group. Most recently, he advised a Canadian investor on the acquisition of the Orga Systems Group out of insolvency. This transaction comprised subsidiaries in five different jurisdictions (2015).
Ulrich also advises on real estate portfolio transactions. He advised the Gagfah Group (renamed Vonovia) on various acquisitions and disposals of residential portfolios (inter alia Vitex 2014/2015).
He is also experienced in mid-cap transactions involving multiple jurisdictions. For example, he advised Redknee Inc., a software service provider for network operators, on the acquisition of the business support system from Nokia Siemens Networks. This transaction involved 30 jurisdictions.
Ulrich was founding partner of the firm's London office in 2000.
- Admitted to bar 1990
- University of Bonn (Dr. jur.)
- Universtity of Chicago Law School (LL.M.)
- Resident Partner Hengeler Mueller London, 2000-2003
- Co-author: Takeovers in English and German Law, 2002
- Co-author: The International Comparative Legal Guide to Corporate Recovery & Insolvency, German Section, 2015
- Co-author: European Insolvency Regulations, Application of the European Regulation on Insolvency Proceedings, 2010