Hengeler Mueller advises Largest Group of Bondholders on Groundbreaking Financial Restructuring of Adler Group
Kai advises a wide range of listed and unlisted corporate clients, family-owned enterprises and investors.
His practice covers corporate and securities laws matters. Kai has been involved in capital measures such as capital cuts, rights issues and scrip dividends. He frequently works on corporate restructurings (e.g., mergers, hive-downs, spin-offs), mandatory share acquisitions (squeeze outs), and also on the foundation and the transfer of European stock corporations (SE).
Within these areas of expertise Kai also represents clients in litigation and arbitration proceedings. This is particularly true for corporate litigation, but also for lawsuits in connection with succession disputes.
- Admitted to bar 1999
- Universities of Bayreuth (Dr. jur.) and Munich
- Université de Bordeaux (Licence en Droit)
- Law firm in Toronto, 2002-2003
- Co-editor and co-author: Beck Standard Forms Handbook for Civil, Commercial and Business Law, 14th ed. 2022
- Co-author: Habersack/Drinhausen, Commentary on the Law of the Societas Europaea, 3nd ed. 2022
- Co-author: Hopt, Contract and Forms Handbook for Commercial, Corporate and Banking Law, 5th ed. 2022
- Co-author: Munich Corporate Law Handbook, Vol. 4, Stock Corporation, 5th ed. 2020
- Co-author: Westermann/Wertenbruch, Manual on Partnerships, 2005 et seqq.