Constantin advises and represents companies, executives and board members in all areas of white-collar criminal law, administrative offenses and corporate compliance.
His clients include entities, companies and their managers faced with government investigations or enforcement actions as well as businesses that have suffered damage caused by criminal conduct. He has extensive experience representing clients before prosecutors, regulators and courts.
The development of strategies and measures for the prevention of liability risks connected with business decisions is a key aspect of his practice.
He conducts and supports internal investigations and advises on the implementation and improvement of compliance programs.
In addition to investigating and defending cases concerning fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and corruption, in recent years he has been engaged in matters pertaining to international financial sanctions (OFAC) and money laundering prevention – in particular in the finance sector –, provider liability for Internet content (NetzDG) as well as disputes related to insolvency law and management liability in connection with allegations of criminal conduct.
- Admitted to bar 2013
- Studied law and political science
- University of Munich (Diploma in Political Science and Dr. jur.)
- University of Sydney (LL.M.)
- International law firm in Berlin 2012-2018
- Co-author: Esser/Rübenstahl/Saliger/Tsambikakis, White Collar Criminal Law including Tax Offences and Procedural Law. A Commentary, 2017 (financial statement fraud and related offences)
- The rights of aggrieved persons, private persons and other bodies to access or obtain information from the records: sections 406e and 475 of the Code of Criminal Procedure (Akteneinsicht und Auskünfte für den Verletzten, Privatpersonen und sonstige Stellen – §§ 406e and 475 StPO), 2011
- The Limits of Criminal Law: A Comparative Analysis of Approaches to Legal Theorizing, 2010
- Symbolic Legislation. An Analysis Taking Criminal Law as an Example (Symbolische Gesetzgebung, Eine Untersuchung am Beispiel Strafrecht), 2006