Hengeler Mueller advises industrial gases specialist Messer on the full takeover of joint venture Messer Industries and the agreement of a long-term strategic partnership with GIC
Alf advises companies and investors on antitrust and merger control aspects. His focus is on M&A-related merger control advice. In addition, he assists companies on antitrust investigations of the European Commission as well as the German Federal Cartel Office. Finally, he advises companies on antitrust compliance as well as internal investigations.
Among the merger control matters on which Alf has advised a number complex cases, some of which involved so-called “second phase proceedings”.
Alf coordinated merger control filings on a global scale in a number of transactions.
As regards antitrust investigations, Alf has most notably advised Japanese companies in antitrust infringements proceedings by the European Commission as well as presented companies in antitrust investigation of the German Federal Cartel Office (including settlement proceedings).
Alf is a member of the firm's Japan and Korea desk.
- Admitted to bar 1995
- Universities of Freiburg and Hamburg (Dr. jur.)
- European University Institute, Florenz (LL.M.)
- Law firm, Washington D.C., 1996-1997
- Co-author: Münchener Kommentar Europäisches und Deutsches Wettbewerbsrecht, 3rd ed. 2020
- Co-author: Beck'sches M&A-Handbuch, 2nd ed. 2022
- Since 2009, Alf-Henrik Bischke has co-authored the section "Recent Developments in Antitrust Laws", published in NZG.