Sven advises banks on corporate and regulatory law issues "from the cradle to the grave" in connection with their formation and licensing, the outsourcing/insourcing of important functions, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions as well as on issues arising in crisis situations (restructuring, insolvencies and liquidations). He has extensive experience and expertise in dealing with the German Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin) and the European Central Bank (ECB). His practice also includes acting on behalf of regulated and unregulated companies in structuring, implementing or revising group compliance programmes as well as assisting in internal investigations and enquiries on potential compliance issues by German or foreign authorities.
Major projects in which Sven H. Schneider has recently been involved include:
- Bosch: advising on internal investigation as well as on administrative and court proceedings in Germany and abroad relating to alleged manipulations of control units for diesel vehicles (Hengeler Mueller team leader)
- Deutsche Bank: lead partner of the Hengeler Mueller team advising on the global internal and external investigations into alleged manipulations of reference interest rates (especially Libor and Euribor)
- Deutsche Bank: lead partner of the Hengeler Mueller team advising on the internal and external investigations into potential violations of US export control law (OFAC)
- Internal Investigation by international bank regarding potential participation in “Cum/Ex” tax evasion schemes in the past
- Major credit institution: advising on how to deal with investigations into potential violations of German securities trading law conducted against a credit institution and a management board member
- Global asset manager: advising on how to deal with enquiries by the German Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin) regarding possible violations of German securities trading law
- German branch of a major foreign insurance undertaking: advising on allegations of corruption brought against a member of the management board
- Major European credit institution: advising on the transformation of a German branch into a subsidiary bank.
Sven is the author of numerous publications on corporate and capital markets law and is one of the executive editors of the Neue Zeitschrift für Gesellschaftsrecht (NZG).
- Admitted to bar 2003
- Attorney-at-Law (New York)
- Albert-Ludwigs-University of Freiburg, Ruprecht-Karls-University of Heidelberg and Johannes-Gutenberg-University of Mainz (Dr. iur.)
- Boalt Hall School of Law, University of California at Berkeley (LL.M.)
A complete list of publications can be downloaded here.