Hengeler Mueller advises Landesbank Berlin Holding on sale of Berlin Hyp to LBBW
Hans-Jörg has worked as a lawyer in Brussels for over 20 years. He has a broad competition practice, which includes advising on European merger control, European antitrust law und European state aid law. He represents European and other international companies in proceedings before the European Commission and the European Court of Justice.
Hans-Jörg has been involved in some of the most complex and important proceedings in Brussels, and continues to be. A few examples are:
- acquisitions in the aviation sector in parallel merger control and state aid proceedings;
- representation of several European banks during the financial market crisis, including WestLB AG in state aid and merger control proceedings before the European Commission;
- representation of European and Asian auto parts suppliers and IT firms in cartel proceedings before the European Commission, and the coordination of parallel, global investigations, in particular in the USA, Canada, Japan and China.
- Admitted to bar 1987
- Universities of Heidelberg, Munich and Münster (Dr. jur.)
- EC Commission (Directorate-General Competition), 1986-1987
- Law firm in San Francisco, 1983
- Co-author "Getting the Deal Through", Cartel Regulation 2016, Chapter European Union, 2016
- Co-author: GTDT – Market Intelligence – Cartels, Chapter EU, 2016
- Co-author: Heidenhain, European State Aid Law, Handbook, 2010