Wolfgang advises and represents clients in all fields of intellectual property and information technology law. He has been especially involved in patent litigation, but has also undertaken trademark and copyright litigation, as well as disputes regarding unfair competition. Wolfgang advises clients with respect to technology transactions and drafts and negotiates patent, knowhow, trademark and software licence agreements. Furthermore, he represents and advises companies in complex civil litigation matters.
Wolfgang has worked for clients across a range of industries. In recent years, he has been heavily involved in patent litigation on behalf of pharmaceutical and TMT companies. Examples include the enforcement of patents of a leading research based pharmaceutical manufacturer against generic companies as well as patent litigation regarding mobile phone standards such as LTE and UMTS. With respect to trademarks, he advises brand owners from the luxury goods industry, and is engaged in transactions regarding the sale or purchase of business divisions of well-known brand owners.
Wolfgang is a member of the European Patent Lawyers Association (EPLAW), the German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR), the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI) and the Licensing Executive Society (LES).
Wolfgang teaches internet law at the Heinrich Heine University of Düsseldorf. He has authored several articles on IP law published in legal text books and journals, and regularly lectures on IP law topics.
- Admitted to bar 1990
- Solicitor England and Wales (not practising)
- Universities of Erlangen and Bayreuth (Dr. jur.)
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LL.M.)
- Law firm in Sydney, 1989
- Chambers Global Practices Guides – IP: Patent Litigation, 2017
- Patent Litigation – A Global Guide from Practical Law (German chapter), 3rd ed. 2016
- Luxury Law – Jurisdictional Comparisons (German chapter), 1st ed. 2016
- Trademark Litigation - Jurisdictional Comparisons (German chapter), 2nd ed. 2013
- Kellenter in Krieger/Uwe H. (Editors), Handbuch Managerhaftung (Manual on Manager Liability), 2nd ed. 2010, § 23 (Risikobereich und Haftung: Schutzrechtsverletzungen und Wettbewerbsverstöße)