Viola advises a wide range of companies in all fields of corporate law, with a particular emphasis on stock corporation law, the law of limited liability companies, corporate restructurings and joint ventures. She also specializes in internal investigations and compliance matters, including both the establishment and assessment of compliance organisations and the handling of compliance-related incidents.
In addition, Viola represents corporate clients in corporate and commercial litigation, in arbitration mandates and in amicable settlements. In recent years, Viola has frequently advised companies and board members on manager liability cases.
Recent mandates where she has advised include: manager liability cases for SKW Stahl-Metallurgie Holding AG and Bayerische Landesbank, the representation of a listed company with regard to an out-of-court settlement of a manager liability litigation, the defence of board members of a listed company against damage claims relating to an M&A transaction, the representation of Siemens AG in an ICC arbitration with a consortium partner relating to an international infrastructure project, acting for MAN Truck & Bus AG in an ICC arbitration with a contractual partner, advising a foreign state in a litigation in front of German state courts regarding fundamental questions of state immunity, and Siemens AG with regard to the formation of a joint venture with Valeo relating to high voltage powertrains.
Viola has authored numerous publications on corporate law and was a speaker on the subject of manager liability at the 70th German Lawyers' Day 2014.
- Admitted to bar 2000
- University of Frankfurt am Main (Dr. jur.)
- Law firm in Munich, 2000-2002
- Law firm in Munich, 2002-2006
- Law firm in London, 2004-2005
- Co-author: K. Schmidt/Lutter, Commentary on the German Stock Corporation Act, 3rd ed. 2015
- Co-author: Lutter/Hommelhoff/Teichmann, Commentary on the Societas Europaea, 2nd ed. 2015
- Co-author: Munich Handbook of Corporate Law, Vol. 4 (The Stock Corporation), 4th ed. 2015