Hengeler Mueller advises Perella Weinberg on sale of indirect participation in mfi AG
14. June 2012
Perella Weinberg Real Estate Fund I (PWREF) and Unibail-Rodamco SE (UR) have signed an agreement on the sale of a 51% stake in the holding company owing 90.4% of mfi management für immobilien AG (mfi). mfi is Germany’s second largest shopping centre operator and developer.
The purchase price for the 51% stake amounts to approximately EUR 300 m. UR granted PWREF for the remaining 49% stake in the holding company a put option at a fixed purchase price of approximately EUR 290 m.
Hengeler Mueller is advising PWREF on this transaction. Hengeler Mueller had already advised PWREF in 2010 at the time of its investment in mfi. The Hengeler Mueller team is again led by partners Thomas Müller and Georg Frowein (both M&A/Real Estate, Frankfurt), the team further includes partner Thorsten Mäger (Antitrust, Düsseldorf) as well as associates Changfeng Tu, Nicolas Nohlen, Andreas Stoll (all Frankfurt) and Marcel Nuys (Düsseldorf).