Hengeler Mueller advises APG on joint venture with TRIG for MERKUR Offshore wind farm
15. May 2020
APG Asset Management N.V. (APG) has completed the acquisition of a 64 percent stake in MERKUR Offshore on behalf of ABP, the largest pension fund in the Netherlands. MERKUR Offshore is an offshore wind farm with a total capacity of 396MW, located 45 kilometers off the German North Sea coast and in full operation. The remaining 36 percent stake in MERKUR Offshore is held by The Renewables Infrastructure Group Limited (TRIG).
Hengeler Mueller advised APG on the MERKUR Offshore joint venture with TRIG, particularly on the shareholders' arrangements and corporate governance. The team included partner Sebastian Schneider (Corporate/M&A and Energy, Frankfurt), counsel Gunther Wagner (Tax, Munich) as well as associates Nikolas Klein (Corporate/M&A, Berlin) and Marius Marx (Tax, Frankfurt).