Martin advises clients in connection with situations of financial distress. His practice comprises financial restructurings and distressed M&A transactions – including acquisitions out of insolvency – as well as litigation matters involving financial crisis or an insolvency situation. He has a special focus on complex multi-stakeholder actions. Martin's clients include debtor companies, board members and managing directors, as well as debt and equity investors and insolvency administrators.
Most recently, Martin advised a leading German airline in connection with stabilisation measures by the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW) and the Economic Stabilisation Fund (WSF), as well as various automotive suppliers on the stabilisation and divestment of business units in need of restructuring.
- Admitted to bar 2012
- Westfälische Wilhelms University of Münster
- Bucerius Law School Hamburg (Dr. iur)
- Universidad de Zaragoza
- Law firm in London, 2015-2016
- Leveraged Buy-Out und Gläubigerschutz, Mohr Siebeck, 2012
- Unternehmensfinanzierung in der Insolvenz, in: Handbuch Unternehmensrestrukturierung, Springer, 2nd. ed. (to be published in 2016) (together with Dr. Daniel M. Weiß)
- International Comparative Legal Guide to: Corporate Recovery & Insolvency 2016, Chapter Germany, 2016 (together with Dr. Ulrich Blech)