Susan advises and represents clients in all aspects of intellectual property rights with a particular emphasis on competition, trademark and copyright law. Her clients include health care and IT companies, manufacturing companies as well as banks and financial institutions.
She assists companies with the conceptual design of complex cross-border advertising campaigns, both in the traditional form and via the internet. She also advises on prize promotions, including competitions run on social media platforms. Susan has broad experience in developing the advertising of medications. Recently, she has acted for a pharmaceutical company in the launch of the first European biosimilar insulin.
She negotiates comprehensive distribution and trademark licence agreements as well as coexistence contracts and the introduction of new brands. She also represents clients in litigation and other legal disputes.
Susan drafts agreements on information technology. She has worked on the outsourcing of information technologies of a corporate group and has taken care of software development and software transfer projects. In addition, Susan advises on data protection and transnational data transfer, both in intragroup form and with regard to third parties.
In corporate transactions, Susan frequently advices on intellectual property and information technology.
- Admitted to bar 2002
- Universities of Dresden, Freiburg and Marburg (Dr. iur.)
- Law firm in Frankfurt am Main, 2002-2005
- Law firm in London, 2001
- Co-Autorin: Handbuch International Advertising Law, 2014
- Kempe-Müller, Hot Water – Banken ohne Geheimnis, PLATOW Recht vom 14. Juni 2017
- Kempe-Müller, Neuschwanstein ist kein Ort, Markenartikel-Magazin 2018, 64 ff.
- Kempe-Müller/ Sösemann, UWG – Neues scharfes Schwert für den Datenschutz? PLATOW Recht vom 6. Februar 2019
Above and beyond
She enjoys reading, alone or with her three children; and she is waiting for the first great novel about the German reunification. For her, culture does not only include literature and music, but also sports and interesting food.