Steffen advises on all aspects of tax and accounting law.
He primarily focuses on the tax aspects of capital market and financing transactions, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions as well as complex issues of current taxation.
Recent highlights of his work include advising Dr. August Oetker KG on the sale of Hamburg Süd Group to Maersk Line A/S, Group PSA on the acquisition of Opel and Vauxhall from General Motors, as well as IK Investment Partners on the sale of Schenck Process to Blackstone.
Steffen also advises on the tax aspects of internal investigations and compliance matters, and represents clients in tax audits and tax litigation.
He is also the author of professional tax publications and is a speaker at tax conferences.
- Admitted to bar 2010
- Tax Adviser
- University of Heidelberg (Dr. iur.)
- University of Connecticut
- Law firm in London, 2014-2015
- Co-author: William Watson (Hrsg.), Global Legal Insights – Corporate Tax (Germany)
- Kommentierung des § 4f EStG in: Frotscher/Geurts (Hrsg.), Kommentar zum Einkommensteuergesetz (Loseblatt.), Haufe Verlag
- Scheifele/Hörner, Neue formale Anforderungen an die Regelung der Verlustübernahmepflicht in Gewinnabführungsverträgen, DStR 2013, 553-558