Sebastian supports his clients in M&A projects and other corporate transactions in Germany and internationally. He regularly advises on the acquisition and sale of businesses, the establishment and structuring of joint ventures as well as corporate reorganisations. Sebastian's practice also includes general corporate law and regulatory matters beyond transactional advice. He has particular expertise in energy law.
His clients include strategic investors and industrial businesses, as well as private equity and other financial investors, for whom he often acts in auction processes.
A particular focus of his work is on complex projects in the energy sector and other regulated industries as well as on large infrastructure undertakings. He advises on the structuring of transactions and on the relationships between shareholders and financial investors as well as on the regulatory feasibility of these projects and their operational contracts. Sebastian drafts, structures and negotiates the documentation for the sale or acquisition of businesses and shareholder and joint venture agreements, including contracts on the construction and operation of offshore wind farms and energy network infrastructure as well as the delivery of electricity and gas.
His work in the energy sector includes advising:
- Ørsted (formerly DONG Energy) on its offshore wind farm projects Borkum Riffgrund 2 (2017), Gode Wind 1 (2015), Gode Wind 2 (2014) and Borkum Riffgrund 1 (2012)
- E.ON on the sale of the gas transmission grid Open Grid Europe (2012)
- RWE on the sale of a majority participation in the electricity transmission grid Amprion (2011)
- RWE on the carve out and sale of the gas transmission grid Thyssengas (2010)
Sebastian has also advised:
- real,- / METRO GROUP on establishing RTG Retail Trade Group, a joint venture to bundle purchasing activities with several retail companies (2017)
- Deutsche Telekom on the sale of the internet service provider Strato (2016)
- IBM on the acquisition of several digital agencies in Germany (2016)
- Carl Zeiss on the sale of its military and security optics business (Carl Zeiss Optronics) to the former defence division of the Airbus group (at the time EADS) Cassidian (2012).
- Law firm in New York, 2014 / 2015
- Admitted to bar 2010
- University of Berlin (Dr. iur.)
- Université de Lausanne
- University of Freiburg