Markus advises in the fields of restructuring and insolvency, finance as well as compliance and internal investigations.
With a view to restructuring and insolvency, Markus advises in connection with distressed M&A deals, disputes with insolvency administrators and gives advice to creditors in insolvency proceedings. Inter alia, he advised LIXIL Corp. on complex cross-national insolvency matters as regards the former Frankfurt-listed Joyou AG and its subsidiaries in Hong Kong and China.
In the field of finance, he advises banks and corporates on syndicated loans, certificates of indebtedness (Schuldscheine), acquisition finance and other financial products. He also advises domestic and international clients in relation to internal investigations and compliance projects/procedures. Amongst others, he advised Robert Bosch GmbH on an internal investigation as well as administrative and court proceedings in Germany and abroad relating to alleged manipulations of control units for diesel vehicles.
- Admitted to bar 2015
- Justus Liebig University of Gießen
- TU Dresden
- Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich (Dr. iur.)
- University of Wisconsin Law School (LL.M.)
- Zinsbegrenzungsvereinbarungen und ‑prämien in AGB, WM 2016, 1865 (together with Daniel M. Weiß)
- Covenants in European investment-grade corporate bonds, 10 Capital Markets L.J. (2015) 345 (together with Lars Hornuf und Stefan Schäferling)
- Rechtswettbewerb und Debt Governance bei Anleihen, Eine rechtsökonomische, ‑vergleichende und ‑politische Untersuchung (Diss. 2014, Mohr Siebeck)
- Ankerbeteiligungen: Chancen für die Corporate Governance, Rechtsrahmen und Investorenvereinbarungen, Ein Beitrag zu der rechtspolitischen Debatte um verantwortungsbewusste Aktionäre, ZGR 2013, 597 (together with Daniela Weber-Rey)
- Contracting Employee Involvement: An Analysis of Bargaining over Employee Involvement Rules for a Societas Europaea, in: Horst Eidenmüller (Hrsg.), Regulatory Competition in Contract Law and Dispute Resolution, C.H. Beck 2013, Kap. 7, 155 ff. (together with Horst Eidenmüller and Lars Hornuf)