Andreas specialises in M&A and corporate law, with a particular focus on cross-border and private equity transactions. He advises a broad range of private and public corporates, private equity and venture capital funds as well as other financial investors.
Andreas' M&A expertise spans a wide spectrum of deal types including: private auctions, dual track-proceedings, public takeovers, carve-out transactions and joint ventures. Recent highlights of his M&A work include advising Takeaway.com on its acquisition of Delivery Hero's German food delivery operations, Tata on its joint venture of the flat steel business with thyssenkrupp, Rothschild/Five Arrows Principal Investments on the sale of Prospitalia, Advent and Bain Capital on their acquisition of Ratepay, Lone Star on its acquisition of Xella, Konecranes on the sale of STAHL CraneSystems, SGL on the sale of its graphite electrodes business and Cinven on the sale of SLV and the exit from Jost Group.
Andreas further advises on corporate law, with a particular emphasis on corporate reorganizations, corporate governance matters and general shareholder matters.
Andreas is co-heading the firm's desks for the US, Spain and Latin America.
- Admitted to bar 2009
- Johannes-Gutenberg-University of Mainz (Dr. iur.)
- Universidad de Valencia
- Harvard Law School, Cambridge (LL.M.)
- Co-author: Hopt (editor), Vertrags- und Formularhandbuch zum Handels-, Gesellschafts-, und Bankrecht, 4th ed. 2013
- Co-author: Lutter/Bayer/Vetter (editors), Umwandlungsgesetz, 5th ed. 2014
- Co-author: Lieder/Wilk/Ghassemi-Tabar (editors), Münchener Handbuch des Gesellschaftsrechts, volume 8, Umwandlungsrecht, 5th ed. 2018
A complete list of publications can be downloaded here.