Peter advises national and international corporate clients in all aspects of employment law (individual and collective matters), with a focus on the employment-related aspects of M&A transactions, IPOs and corporate reorganisations. He has particular expertise in the structuring and alteration of company pension, compensation and benefit schemes as well as matters involving managing directors and management board members. He also represents clients in employment litigation.
Recent M&A transactions and IPOs in which Peter has advised on employment and pensions matters include: acquisition of Opel/Vauxhall by PSA, merger of Linde with Praxair, sale of IKB Leasing group by IKB as well as IPOs of innogy and BAWAG.
Peter also recently advised several international chemicals companies with respect to the Germany-wide restructuring of sales activities and site closures.
In addition, he advised several companies on the structuring of company pension schemes for management board members, managing directors and employees and the spin-off of pension liabilities.
- Admitted to bar 2009
- Friedrich-Schiller University of Jena
- University of Ljubljana
- Foreign Associate Attorney Cravath, Swaine & Moore, New York, 2013-2014
- Lectureship at SRH Hochschule Heidelberg
- Germany: No pain and suffering awards for occupational accidents in: Munich RE, Risk, Liability & Insurance, Compensation for pain and suffering – New trends in Europe and the USA, 2010, 15
- LAG Hamm, 17.9.2009 - Zur tarifvertraglich bestimmten Zustimmung der Gewerkschaft zu betriebsbedingter Kündigung, Kurzkommentar, EWiR 2010, 401 f. (together with Dr. David Schneider)