Alf advises companies and investors on antitrust and merger control aspects. His focus is on M&A-related merger control advice. In addition, he assists companies on antitrust investigations of the European Commission as well as the German Federal Cartel Office. Finally, he advises companies on antitrust compliance as well as internal investigations.
Among the prominent merger control matters on which Alf has advised are the acquisition of Frankfurter Rundschau by Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, the acquisition of Runners Point by Footlocker, the sale of Kabel BW by EQT to Unity Media, the acquisition of MegaPlast by Aptar Group, the acquisition of Dresdner Bank by Allianz AG and the acquisition of Postbank by Deutsche Bank.
He also advised SPAR Austria regarding the acquisition of ADEG by REWE (including challenging the clearance decision of the Commission before the Court in Luxembourg).
Alf coordinated merger control filings on a global scale in a number of transactions.
In antitrust investigations, Alf has most notably advised Japanese companies in antitrust infringements proceedings by the European Commission. These proceedings include the Commission's investigations into chloroprene rubber, TV and monitor tubes as well as capacitors.
Alf is a member of the firm's Japan and Korea desk.
- Admitted to bar 1995
- Universities of Freiburg and Hamburg (Dr. jur.)
- European University Institute, Florenz (LL.M.)
- Law firm, Washington D.C., 1996-1997
- Co-author: Münchener Kommentar Europäisches und Deutsches Wettbewerbsrecht, 2nd ed. 2015
- Since 2009, Alf Hendrik Bischke has co-authored the section "Recent Developments in Antitrust Laws", published in NZG.